Sunday, November 6, 2011

Elecraft K2 - Serial Number 007239 Build. Day 9

Hours 3:18:00    Total Build Time:   20:45:00    Nov 6, 2011


Continued working on the RF board.  I was able to get a lot of the parts installed leading up to the installation of P1.  looked all over the place and could not find this part.  P1 is used to connect the front panel board to the RF board.  


At this point I wondered if I could continue on.  Once P1 is installed, the next step is to install some ground jumpers, and U1 (PIC16F872 or 16F872A) which is the I/O controller.  After the I/O controller is inserted into its socket, several resistance checks can be performed.


I think that I will continue past the installation of P1, and add the ground jumpers,  Install U1, and also do the resistance checks.  I can then proceed with pages 39 up to page 42 where power is first applied to the unit.  After the resistance checks are made, the next couple of pages deals with the assembly of the case, etc.


When I receive P1, I can solder it onto the RF board and then perform the resistance checks again making sure that I didn't create any solder bridges.


RF board with all parts installed up to the step where P1 is soldered in

Audio headphone jack

RF Board

Power switch on the RF board

BNC connector for Antenna

CW key jack

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing superb information. Your web site is very cool. I am impressed by the details that you have on this blog. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for extra articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found simply the info I already searched all over the place and simply couldn’t come across. What an ideal site. bnc connector

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I have been having fun putting this radio together. I have slowed down a bit working on it due to the Holiday Season.

    ReplyDelete