Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Elecraft K2 - Serial Number 007239 Build. Day 6

Hours 1:30:00    Total Build Time:   12:51:00



Today I continued building the "Front Panel" board of the K2 radio.  As you can see from the photos a lot of the components have been soldered in.

Top side of "Front Panel" board


Potentiometers and Microphone Jack



"Font Panel" bottom side with U1 socket

U1 is the LCD driver chip

LED Bar Graph for signal strength







Ran into a little trouble soldering in J1 on the bottom of the "Front Panel" circuit board.  It was not all the way flush.  I checked it but it was off when I finished soldering it onto the board.  I spent 20 - 30 minutes with the solder wick unsoldering J1.  I was able to get it straightened out and re-soldered.   Got to be more careful checking the alignment of the Jacks and plugs before soldering them all the way on to the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment