Monday, February 16, 2009

One day to go and I have to get it done

If you have been reading this blog on of the re-occurring theme's of the blog is that I wait to the last minute to get things done. Well it is a day before Brendas birthday and I need to get her present done.










I photocopied the main pattern for the cell phone holder. As I looked at it I noticed that the pattern was not full size. Crap!!! Well, I decided that I would just draw up the pattern by hand. The outline of the cellphone holder was traced onto paper, and the paper was folded in half. I drew half of the pattern and then traced what was drawn onto the other side of the paper.
In this photo, the pattern was transferred onto the leather and the initial cuts were made using the swivel knife. A border was also added to the pattern.


I am hard at work tooling the pattern. Notice how far down my nose my glasses are resting. My glasses are not bifocal but I really need a pair. At this point in time, I have a cataract in my right eye that has image ghosting problems.
This show shows some of the tooling on the main section of the cell phone case. At first I think that the tooling doesn't look all that good, but it seems to get better as the project progresses.

Here is a shot of the cell phone holder after the tooling and assembled. The finish has not been applied at this time.
The case went together really easy with out any problems. The leather was still wet at the time from the tooling. I began to get impatient so I used a hair dryer to dry the leather so I could apply the finish.

Below is a shot of the case with the finish applied. the hair dryer was also used to help dry the finish.
Here is a shot of the case looking at the side. The finish looks good and I think that it will work.





Here is a shot of the completed project. Brenda likes her new cell phone holder.

No comments:

Post a Comment